Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Silly statements...

Here are some red flags when it comes to relationship advice being given to you:

-People who have been in multiple failed relationships, back-to-back, have already invalidated their opinion on relationships, so don't listen to them.

-People who are single and say, "Long distance relationships never work out." You could point out that thus far, no relationships have worked out for them, but that'd just be mean, but funny.

I am reminded of a girl I met who wanted me to ask her out, she was 24, had two kids, and had been married TWICE. At first, I was thinking to myself, "There's a common denominator there, and I want nothing to do with that equation." Then, I thought to myself, "Perhaps she just has horrific taste in men," which definitely made me question myself.

She got really mad at me and said, "You're not going to find anyone your age who doesn't have kids." I tried to be civil and polite when I said, "Well, I'm single, I don't have kids, and I'm my age." Her reply was storming off...

On a completely unrelated note- if you're ever in Missouri, and you hear someone use the term, "Eight up," they are actually saying, "Ate up." For the longest time, I thought, "What the hell are they talking about, "Eight Up?"" It means to be damaged or inefficient. I had figured it out in context, but I still didn't know what the number "eight" had to do with anything. Silly me.

1 comment:

Erin said...

More bad relationship advice:

"Your standards are too high. You're never going to meet anyone unless you lower them."

And still more:

"I will only date someone who has the same faith as me."

"You're really limiting yourself, then."